Cavity quantum electrodynamics : the strange theory of light in a box / Sergio M. Dutra
- Dutra, S. M. (Sergio M.)
- New York : J. Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 389 pages) : illustrations
- Language Note:
- Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments; 1 Introduction; 2 Fiat Lux!; 3 The photon's wavefunction; 4 A box of photons; 5 Let matter be!; 6 Spontaneous emission; 7 Macroscopic QED; 8 The maser; the laser; and their cavity QED cousins; 9 Open cavities; Appendix A Perfect cavity modes; Appendix B Perfect cavity boundary conditions; Appendix C Quaternions and special relativity; Appendix D The Baker-Hausdorff formula; Appendix E Vectors and vector identities; Appendix F The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; References; Index.
- What happens to light when it is trapped in a box?Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics addresses a fascinating question in physics: what happens to light, and in particular to its interaction with matter, when it is trapped inside a box? With the aid of a model-building approach, readers discover the answer to this question and come to appreciate its important applications in computing, cryptography, quantum teleportation, and opto-electronics.
- Other Subject(s):
- 0471713473 (electronic bk.)
9780471713470 (electronic bk.)
9780471443384 (cloth ; acid-free paper)
0471443387 (cloth ; acid-free paper)
0471713465 (electronic bk.)
9780471713463 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 335-380) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37418231