Cisco routers for the desperate : router and switch management, the easy way / Michael W. Lucas
- Lucas, Michael W. (Michael Warren), 1967-
- San Francisco : No Starch Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 125 pages)
- 1. Befriending the Command Line -- 2. Router Configuration -- 3. Router Interfaces -- 4. Wide Area Network Connections -- 5. Troubleshooting Routers -- 6. Ios Changes -- 7. Redundancy With BGP and HSRP -- 8. Cisco Switches -- 9. Logins, Authentication, and Remote Access -- 10. Cisco Network Services -- Appendix. IP Addresses and Netmasks.
- Cisco routers and switches are the cornerstones of many networks. But when things break, repairs can intimidate even the most competent administrator. Luckily, just knowing the "in case of emergency" basics will take you far. Just like the original, this second edition of the highly acclaimed Cisco Routers for the Desperate is written for the administrator in crisis mode. Updated to cover switches and the latest Cisco terminology, with a tighter focus on the needs of the small network administrator, this second edition gives you what you need to know to provide reliable network services and fix problems fast. You'll find coverage of: Installation--how to get your router and network connections up and running right the first time Troubleshooting routers and switches, so that you can determine whether your hardware or the Internet is broken Security concerns, like how to keep your network equipment safe from hackers and install a private network between two offices How to implement basic network redundancy to reduce the risk of network downtime Cisco Routers for the Desperate, 2nd Edition is designed to be read once and left alone until something breaks. When it does, you'll have everything you need to know in one easy-to-follow guidebook.
- 9781593272234 (electronic bk.)
1593272235 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37418309