Applied concept mapping : capturing, analyzing, and organizing knowledge / [editors], Brian M. Moon [and others].
- Hoboken : CRC Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xl, 326 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Moon, Brian
- Language Note:
- Front Cover; Dedications; Contents; Preface; Editors; Contributors; Introduction and Overview of the Book; Chapter 1: Applying Educational Tools and Ideas in the Corporate World; Chapter 2: Skills in Applied Concept Mapping; Chapter 3: Concept Mapping in the Analysis and Design of Cognitive Systems: A Historical Review; Chapter 4: Concept Maps: Tools to Enhance Executive and Team Effectiveness; Chapter 5: Concept Mapping on the Road: Applied Business Concept Mapping in Software Implementation and Training Consulting., Chapter 6: Using Concept Maps to Improve the Practice and Organization of Intelligence in CanadaChapter 7: Common Lexicon Initiative: A Concept Mapping Approach to Semiautomated Definition Integration; Chapter 8: The Use of Concept Mapping in Ecological Management: A Case Study Involving Grassland Ecosystems in Victoria, Austra; Chapter 9: Influencing the Business Model and Innovations of a Research Organization through Concept Mapping; Chapter 10: Concept Mapping Ecosystem Goods and Services; Chapter 11: Concept Mapping in Corporate Education: Experiences at Petrobrás University., and Chapter 12: Using Concept Maps within the Product Design Process in Engineering: A Case StudyChapter 13: Improving Organizational Learning with Concept Maps: A Business Case Study; Chapter 14: Conceptual Mapping as a First Step in Data Modeling; Chapter 15: Concept Mapping in Virtual Collaboration Environments; Chapter 16: Vying for the Use of CmapTools in Corporate Training; Back Cover.
- Providing case studies in business applications, this book describes the theory and methods underlying Novakian concept mapping. Developed by Joseph Novak as an educational strategy, concept mapping has been applied with increasing frequency to problems in the workplace. Novakian concept maps differ from other diagrams by their morphology, content, and semantics. The advent of Cmap Tools, a knowledge modeling software kit that enables computer-based creation and sharing of Novakian concept maps, has encouraged diverse applications. The text presents original work from the authors as well as co.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 37421557