Managing conflict with direct reports / Barbara Popejoy and Brenda J. McManigle
- Popejoy, Barbara
- Greensboro, N.C. : Center for Creative Leadership, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (29 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- McManigle, Brenda J. and Center for Creative Leadership
- Conflict and resolution -- Conflict with direct reports is a special case -- Managing the relationship -- Managing the work -- A process for managing conflict -- Recognizing both sides of the conflict -- Preparing for a conflict resolution session -- During the conflict resolution session -- After the conflict resolution session -- Managing conflict for success and development.
- "Conflict with direct reports is one of the most difficult challenges facing managers today. But it's a challenge that successful leaders must learn to address. Managers who develop an understanding of difference without judging and are willing to see more than one perspective or solution are in a good position to manage such conflict. They are better prepared to understand emotions that can trigger conflict, to clarify performance expectations, and to provide ongoing feedback for the support and development of their direct reports."--Publisher's description
- 9781932973181 (electronic bk.)
1932973184 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 27).
View MARC record | catkey: 37422329