Packet guide to core network protocols / Bruce Hartpence
- Hartpence, Bruce
- Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly Media, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 179 pages) : illustrations
- Networking models -- Ethernet -- Internet protocol -- Address resolution protocol -- Network equipment -- Internet control message protocol -- Subnetting and other masking acrobatics.
- Take an in-depth tour of core Internet protocols and learn how they work together to move data packets from one network to another. With this concise book, you'll delve into the aspects of each protocol, including operation basics and security risks, and learn the function of network hardware such as switches and routers. Ideal for beginning network engineers, each chapter in this book includes a set of review questions, as well as practical, hands-on lab exercises. Understand basic network architecture, and how protocols and functions fit togetherLearn the structure and operation of the Etherne.
- 9781449313845 (electronic bk.)
1449313841 (electronic bk.)
9781449313241 (electronic bk.)
1449313248 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © O'Reilly Media, Inc. 2011
View MARC record | catkey: 37422791