Green IT strategies and applications : using environmental intelligence / Bhuvan Unhelkar
- Unhelkar, Bhuvan
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxxviii, 432 pages) : illustrations
- pt. A. Strategies and applications -- pt. B. Case studies.
- Bhuvan Unhelkar takes you on an all-encompassing voyage of environmental sustainability and Green IT. Sharing invaluable insights gained during two battle-tested decades in the information and communication technologies industry, he provides a comprehensive examination of the wide-ranging aspects of Green IT--from switching-off monitors, virtualizing data centers, and optimizing processes to bringing attitude change through training and the use of green metrics for reporting. Combining extensive research, literature review experimentation, and decades of practical consulting experience, Green.
- Data processing service centers—Environmental aspects
- Data processing service centers—Energy conservation
- Social responsibility of business
- Green technology
- Information technology—Environmental aspects
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS—Industrial Management
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS—Management
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS—Management Science
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS—Organizational Behavior
- Business and Management
- 9781439837818 (electronic)
9781439837801 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
1439837805 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37422805