Private equity : history, governance, and operations / Harry Cendrowski [and others].
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Cendrowski, Harry
- The Private Equity Model and Historical Information. Introduction to Private Equity / Harry Cendrowski, Adam A Wadecki -- Overview of Historical Trends / Harry Cendrowski, Adam A Wadecki -- Trends in Private Equity / Harry Cendrowski, James P Martin -- Harvesting Private Equity Investments Through Initial Public Offering / Harry Cendrowski, James P Martin -- Legal Considerations in Initial Public Offerings / Phillip D Torrence -- Harvesting Investments Through Mergers and Acquisitions / Harry Cendrowski, James P Martin -- Legal Considerations in Sale Transactions / Richard A Walawender -- Intellectual Property and Private Equity / Stephen Olson, David McClaughry -- Governance Structures in Private Equity. The Private Equity Governance Model / Harry Cendrowski, Adam A Wadecki -- Value of Internal Control / James Martin, Louis Petro -- Internal Control Evaluation / Harry Cendrowski, Louis W Petro -- Financial Statement Fraud and the Investment Decision / Harry Cendrowski, James P Martin -- Professional Standards / Harry Cendrowski, Louis W Petro -- Understanding Operations. Contemporary Business and Competitive Intelligence / Theresa B Mack, James P Martin -- Organizations as Humans / Harry Cendrowski, James P Martin -- Beginning the Lean Transformation / Harry Cendrowski, James P Martin -- Performing Manufacturing Due Diligence Assessments / Harry Cendrowski, Adam A Wadecki.
- "An authoritative guide to understanding the world of private equity (PE) investing, governance structures, and operational assessments of PE portfolio companiesAn essential text for any business/finance professional's library, Private Equity: History, Governance, and Operations, Second Edition begins by presenting historical information regarding the asset class. This information includes historical fundraising and investment levels, returns, correlation of returns to public market indices, and harvest trends. The text subsequently analyzes PE fund and portfolio company governance structures. It also presents ways to improve existing governance structures of these entities. A specific focus on portfolio company operations, including due diligence assessments, concludes the text. Seamlessly blends historical information with practical guidance based on risk management and fundamental accounting techniques Assists the book's professional audience in maximizing returns of their PE investments Highly conducive to advanced, graduate-level classroom use Purchase of the text includes access to a website of teaching materials for instructional use Learn more about PE history, governance, and operations with the authoritative guidance found in Private Equity: History, Governance, and Operations, Second Edition"--
- 9781119203391 (electronic bk.)
1119203392 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37423638