Understanding broadcast and cable finance : a primer for the nonfinancial manager / Broadcast Cable Financial Management Association (BCFM) ; edited by Walter McDowell and Alan Batten
- Additional Titles:
- Understanding broadcast & cable finance
- Burlington, MA : Focal Press/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 218 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- McDowell, Walter, Batten, Alan, and Broadcast Cable Financial Management Association
- Cover; Understanding Broadcast and Cable Finance: A Primer for the Nonfinancial Manager; Copyright; Contents; Foreword; Introduction to the Second Edition; Part I; Chapter 1. Introduction to Broadcasting and Cable; Chapter 2. The Role of the Financial Manager and Other Personnel; Chapter 3. Understanding Financial Statements; Chapter 4. Revenue; Chapter 5. Expenses; Chapter 6. Financial Systems for Broadcasting and Cable; Chapter 7. Capital Assets; Chapter 8. Key Performance Metrics; Chapter 9. Cash Flow Measures and Reports; Part II; Chapter 10. Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal Controls and Chapter 11. Strategic Planning and BudgetingChapter 12. Credit and Collection Administration; Chapter 13. Trade and Barter Transactions and Related Accounting; Chapter 14. Music Licensing and Syndication Fees; Chapter 15. Taxation in Brief; Chapter 16. Financial and Accounting Considerations for Broadcast and Cable Acquisitions; The Authors; Glossary; Index
- From on-air talent contracts and FCC regulations to syndicated program amortization to music licensing fees, electronic media deal with financial principles and jargon that are unique to American business. Understanding Broadcast and Cable Finance helps explain all the financial complexities of a modern electronic media enterprise. Whether you are a news director, sales manager, engineer or any other non-accounting professional that has a stake in the success of your company, this book will bring you up-to-speed on the essentials of financial management for broadcasting and cable.
- 008055718X (electronic bk.)
9780080557182 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 114) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37424786