Virtualization essentials / Matthew Portnoy
- Portnoy, Matthew
- Indianapolis, IN : John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 286 pages) : illustrations
- Understanding virtualization -- Understanding hypervisors -- Understanding virtual machines -- Creating a virtual machine -- Installing Windows on a virtual machine -- Installing Linux on a virtual machine -- Managing CPUs for a virtual machine -- Managing memory for a virtual machine -- Managing storage for a virtual machine -- Managing networking for a virtual machine -- Copying a virtual machine -- Managing additional devices in a virtual machine -- Understanding availability -- Understanding application in a virtual machine -- Answers to additional exercises.
- Annotation A full-color beginner's guide to the core concepts and skills of virtualizationVirtualization is the IT world's hottest trend in recent years, and many colleges do not yet have curricula in place to prepare students for this important area. This guide fills the need, with a learn-by-doing approach to mastering the core elements of virtualization. Each chapter clearly outlines what is covered, thoroughly discusses the concepts, and engages readers with hands-on tutorials. The book covers how virtualization software operates; hypervisor products; how to manage CPU, memory, storage, and networking; and much more. Fills the gap left by the many colleges and universities that are unprepared to educate IT students on virtualization, a megatrend in the IT worldCovers the fundamental concepts and skills, including how virtualization software operates within a computing environmentExplains the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 hypervisors and tells how to create a virtual machine from scratch or by migrating from physical to virtualTells how to manage the basics and how to configure supporting devices for a virtual machineVirtualization Essentials gets IT students and practitioners up to speed on one of the most important aspects of today's IT environment.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37424918