Handbook of gender, work and organization / edited by Emma L. Jeanes, David Knights, and Patricia Yancey Martin
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of gender, work & organization
- Chichester, West Sussex : Wiley, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxix, 465 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Jeanes, Emma, Knights, David, 1940-, and Martin, Patricia Yancey
- Postmodern feminism and organization studies : a marriage of inconvenience? / Melissa Tyler -- Women's writing / Heather Höpfl -- Ways of knowing : gender as a politics of knowledge? / Silvia Gherardi -- Gender, work, and organization in popular culture / Alison Pullen, Carl Rhodes -- Theorizing gender, race, and class in organizations / Joan Acker -- How to study gender inequality in organizations? / Barbara Czarniawska -- Leading with body / Amanda Sinclair -- The Body : a review and a theoretical perspective / Angela Hope -- New intimacy, new motherhood, same old work? / Joanna Brewis -- Representing the successful managerial body / Kate Kenny, Emma Bell -- The organisational contours of 'body work' / Carol Wolkowitz -- Embodying transgender in studies of gender, work, and organization / Torkild Thanem -- Does gender inequality ever disappear? / Joanne Martin -- Practicing gender neutrality in organizations / Päivi Korvajärvi -- Women professionals' gender strategies : negotiating gendered organizational barriers / Sharon R. Bird, Laura A. Rhoton -- Gender and work : a technofeminist analysis / Judy Wajcman -- Gender change, organizational change, and gender equality strategies / Yvonne Benschop, Mieke Verloo -- Sexualities, work, organizations, and managements : empirical, policy, and theoretical challenges / Jeff Hearn -- Diversity in organizations : a critical examination of assumptions about diversity and organizations in twenty-first century management literature / Vedran Omanović -- Diversity, uniqueness, and images of human resourcefulness / Bogdan Costea -- International organizations and the organization of gender / Alison E. Woodward -- Toward gender equality in European Union labour markets : achievements and contemporary challenges / Catherine Casey -- The military in a globalized environment : perpetuating an 'extremely gendered' organization / Orna Sasson-Levy -- In the back and forth of transmigration : rethinking organization studies in a transnational key / Marta B. Calás, Linda Smircich.
- This work of reference represents a remarkably complete, detailed and extensive review of the field of gender, work and organization in the second decade of the 21st century. Its authors represent eight countries and many disciplines including management, sociology, political science, and gender studies. The chapters, by top scholars in their areas of expertise, offer both reviews and empirical findings, and insights and challenges for further work. The chapters are organized in five sections: Histories and Philosophies; Organizing Work and the Gendered Organization; Embodiment; Globalization.
- 9781119990796 (electronic bk.)
1119990793 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37425022