Digital SLR Cameras and Photography For Dummies
- Busch, David D.
- Hoboken : Wiley, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (356 pages).
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents at a Glance; Table of Contents; Introduction; About This Book; Foolish Assumptions; Icons Used in This Book; Beyond the Book; Where to Go from Here; Part I: Getting Started with Digital SLR Cameras and Photography; Chapter 1: The Digital SLR Difference; dSLR: dNext Great Digital Camera; Resolution: Peak or plateau?; Full frame: Is it for you?; Improving Your Photography with a dSLR; Composing shots with a more accurate viewfinder; Flexing the powerful sensor; Reducing noise in your photos; Reclaiming depth-of-field control; Taking photos faster., A dSLR works like a cameraGetting more lens flexibility; Freeing yourself from image editors; Where Did All Those Downsides Go?; Lack or expense of superwide lenses: Vanquished!; Fending off dirt and dust: Automatic!; LCD preview: Live, and in person!; Carrying that weight: Heft not mandatory!; In-camera editing!; Chapter 2: Safari Inside a dSLR; Megapixels and Why dSLRs Have More of Them; Pixelementary, my dear Watson; How many pixels does your camera need? 18 to 24MP and beyond!; Matching pixels to print sizes and printers; Nothing's super about superfluous pixels; Touring a Digital SLR., SensorshipControlling exposure; Taking time out for viewing; Through the looking glass; Storage; Dual memory cards; Overcoming Quirks of the dSLR; Out, out damned spot: Trends in self-cleaning sensors; Multiplication fables: Working around the crop factor; Chapter 3: Tracking the Ideal dSLR; Identifying Features for Now and the Future; Spotting Breadcrumbs on the Upgrade Path; Discovering Your dSLR Type; Basic dSLR cameras; Enthusiast dSLRs; Advanced amateur/semipro dSLRs; Professional dSLR models; Rebirth of mirrorless and EVF alternatives; Checking Out Key Features; Lenses., Sensors and image processorsExposure systems; Focusing systems; Special features; Part II: Accessorizing Your Digital SLR; Chapter 4: Saving and Archiving Your Photos; Choosing Memory Cards in a Flash; The right write speed; Finding the key to the (capa)city; Perfect pairs; Storing Your Images; Chapter 5: Gearing Up Your dSLR; Filtering Factors; The Tripod: Your Visible Means of Support; Putting a tripod to good use; Choosing a tripod; Connecting to Apps, Wi-Fi, and GPS; Smartphone/Tablet apps; Oh my, Wi-Fi; Gee, P.S.; Other Must-Have (Or Maybe-Have) Gear; A second camera; Sensor cleaning kit., and Close-up equipmentMovie-shooting aids; Chapter 6: Mastering the Multi-Lens Reflex; Optical Delusions; Shooting in low light; Improving your shutter speed; Producing sharper images; Taking a step back; Getting closer; Focusing closer; Choosing Your Prime Lens -- or Zoom; Prime time; Zoom, zoom, zoom; Special (lens) delivery; Understanding Lens Concepts; Different strokes; Going for bokeh; Using Lenses Creatively; Creative use of wide angles; Creative use of telephotos; Checking Lens Compatibility with Earlier Cameras; Chapter 7: External Flash Lighting.
- The perennial DSLR bestseller-now expanded with more photography tips Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies has remained the top-selling book on DSLR photography since the first edition was published. Now in its Fifth Edition, itcovers the latest technologies in the world of DSLR cameras and photography to help you master the techniques that will take your digital photography skills to the next level. Written in plain English and complemented with full-color photos, this hands-on, friendly guide covers the mechanics of the camera; exposure, lenses, and composition; how to capture actio.
- 9781118971840 (electronic bk.)
1118971841 (electronic bk.)
9781118971833 (electronic bk.)
1118971833 (electronic bk.)
- Illuminating Yourself about Electronic Flash Types.
View MARC record | catkey: 37434689