Lead with wisdom : how wisdom transforms good leaders into great leaders / Mark Strom
- Strom, Mark, 1956-
- Milton, Qld : Wiley, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; CONTENTS; Introduction; PART I -- WISDOM AND LEADERSHIP; The Story Behind Wisdom and Leadership; Chapter 1 : Wisdom; Chapter 2: Leadership; PART II -- PATTERNS; The Story Behind Patterns; Chapter 3: Naming; Chapter 4: Conversation; Chapter 5: Infuence; Chapter 6: Character; PART III -- ARTS; The Story Behind Arts; Chapter 7: Story; Chapter 8: Brilliance; Chapter 9: Promise; Chapter 10: Grace; PART IV -- APPLYING THE PATTERNS AND ARTS; The Story Behind Application; Chapter 11: Leader's Journey; Chapter 12: Leading One; Chapter 13: Leading Many ConclusionAcknowledgements; Endnotes
- A practical guide for leading others with wisdom, integrity, and humanity This book argues that great leadership requires wisdom. Rather than a formulaic managerial approach to leadership, Lead with Wisdom presents the case for leadership based on our shared humanity and the stories that unite us. What emerges is a model of leadership based on learning to read key patterns of human experience: the way language shapes our reality, how we form new meaning through conversation, how relationships determine influence and how we deal with uncertainty. It presents readers with the tools and illustra.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 37436956