An introduction to SAS® university edition / Ron Cody
- Cody, Ronald P.
- Cary, NC : SAS Institute Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Intro; Contents; List of Programs; About This Book; About The Author; Acknowledgments; Part 1: Getting Acquainted with the SAS Studio Environment; Chapter 1: Introduction to the SAS University Edition; Introduction: An Overview of SAS and the SAS University Edition; Obtaining Your Free Copy of SAS; Step 1: Download VirtualBox and Create the ""myfolders"" Folder on your Computer; Step 2: Download SAS University Edition; Step 3: Configure VirtualBox and Set up the Shared Folder; Step 4: Use -- Start University Edition; Conclusion; Chapter 2: The SAS Studio Interface; Introduction, Exploring the Built-In Data SetsSorting Your Data; Switching Between Column Names and Column Labels; Resizing Tables; Creating Filters; Conclusion; Chapter 3: Importing Your Own Data; Introduction; Exploring the Utilities Tab; Importing Data from an Excel Workbook; Listing the SAS Data Set; Importing an Excel Workbook with Invalid SAS Variable Names; Importing an Excel Workbook That Does Not Have Variable Names; Importing Data from a CSV File; Conclusion; Chapter 4: Creating Reports; Introduction; Using the List Data Task to Create a Simple Listing; Filtering Data; Sorting Data, Outputting PDF and RTF FilesJoining Tables (Using the Query Window); Conclusion; Chapter 5: Summarizing Data Using SAS Studio; Introduction; Summarizing Numeric Variables; Adding a Classification Variable; Summarizing Character Variables; Conclusion; Chapter 6: Graphing Data; Introduction; Creating a Frequency Bar Chart; Adding a Group Variable; Creating a Pie Chart; Creating a Scatter Plot; Conclusion; Part 2: Learning How to Write Your Own SAS Programs; Chapter 7: An Introduction to SAS Programming; SAS as a Programming Language; The SAS Studio Programming Windows; Your First SAS Program, How the DATA Step WorksHow the INPUT Statement Works; Reading Delimited Data; How Procedures (PROCS) Work; How SAS Works: A Look Inside the â#x80;#x9C;Black Boxâ#x80;#x9D;; Conclusion; Chapter 8: Reading Data from External Files; Introduction; Reading Data Values Separated by Delimiters; Reading Data in Fixed Columns; Reading Excel Files; Conclusion; Problems; Chapter 9: Reading and Writing SAS Data Sets; What's a SAS Data Set?; Temporary versus Permanent SAS Data Sets; Shared Folders: Communicating between Your Virtual Computer and Your Real Computer; Creating a Shared Folder and Reading Data from It, and Creating a Permanent SAS Data SetReading from a Permanent SAS Data Set; Conclusion; Problems; Chapter 10: Creating Formats and Labels; What Is a SAS Format and Why Is It Useful?; Using SAS Built-in Formats; More Examples to Demonstrate How to Write Formats; Describing the Difference between a FORMAT Statement in a Procedure and a FORMAT Statement in a DATA Step; Making Your Formats Permanent; Creating Variable Labels; Conclusion; Problems; Chapter 11: Performing Conditional Processing; Introduction; Grouping Age Using Conditional Processing; Using Conditional Logic to Check for Data Errors
- Aimed at beginners who have downloaded the free SAS University Edition and want to either use the point-and-click interactive environment of SAS Studio, or who want to write their own SAS programs, or both, this book begins by showing you how to obtain the SAS University Edition, and how you can run SAS on a PC or Macintosh computer. Topics include: performing basic tasks, such as producing a report, summarizing data, producing charts and graphs, and using the SAS Studio built-in tasks; performing basic statistical tests using the interactive point-and-click environment; how to write your own SAS programs, and how to use SAS procedures to perform a variety of tasks; how to read data from a variety of sources: text files, Excel workbooks, and CSV files. In order to get familiar with the SAS Studio environment, this book also shows you how to access dozens of interesting data sets that are included with the product. --
- 9781629600109 (electronic bk.)
1629600105 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37438654