Digital holographic data representation and compression / Yafei Xing, Mounir Kaaniche, Béatrice Pesquet-Popescu, Frédéric Dufaux
- Xing, Yafei
- London, UK ; San Diego, CA : Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Kaaniche, Mounir, Pesquet-Popescu, Beatrice, and Dufaux, Frederic, 1967-
- List of tables -- List of figures -- List of acronyms. 1 Introduction. 2 Fundamental principles of digital holography : Physical principles -- Computer-generated holography -- Phase-shifting digital holography. 3 Basic compression tools : Transformation: wavelet-based transform -- Quantization -- Entropy coding -- JPEG 2000. 4 Holographic data representations : Representations of digital holographic data -- Study of probability distributions -- Comparative study of different representations. 5 Compression of digital holographic data : Overview of state of the art for digital holographic data compression -- Wavelet-based holographic data compression methods. 6 Concluding remarks. Bibliography.
- With the increasing interest in holography for 3D imaging applications, there is a need to develop and use hologram compression techniques for the efficient storage and transmission of holographic data. This book gives a broad overview of the state-of-the-art techniques for the efficient compression and representation of digital holographic data, addressing both still and moving data sequences. Topics include: an introduction to the principles of digital holography; a critical analysis of the techniques that have been developed; coverage of the most recent research results; a summary of future research challenges. --
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 37439305