Follow the sun : a field guide to architectural photography in the digital age / James Ewing
- Ewing, James (Photographer)
- New York, NY ; Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- What is architectural photography? -- A brief history -- The assignment -- Know the site -- Follow the sun -- The tools of the trade -- Composition : building a photograph -- Perspective and the tilt-shift lens -- Translating interior space -- Post-production workflow -- Advanced retouching -- Presenting the work -- Voices from the field.
- Follow the Sun will guide you through all aspects of architectural photography, from the genre's rich history to the exciting new approaches brought by the advent of the digital age. It explains how to use the powerful tools of digital photography while employing many of the skills and traditions of the established genre. Written to be accessible to professionals, amateurs, and students alike, this book will be useful for photographers exploring architecture as fine artists, on editorial assignments, or on commercial shoots. Key features include: Example photographs and diagrams Historical background of architectural photography Advice on essential equipment How to plan a shoot to your advantage How to use tilt-shift lenses for architecture Editing workflow and strategies Interviews with architectural photographers Peter Aaron, Magda Biernat, Ty Cole, and Elizabeth Felicella.
- Architectural photography—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Photography—Digital techniques—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- PHOTOGRAPHY—Subjects & Themes—Architectural & Industrial
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Subjects & Themes / Architectural & Industrial
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Techniques / Lighting
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Commercial
- Architectural photography
- Photography—Digital techniques
- 9781315797281 (ebk)
9781317753087 (electronic bk.)
1317753089 (electronic bk.)
9781317753063 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
1317753062 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
0415747007 (hardback ; alk. paper)
0415747015 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biographical Note:
- James Ewing is an award-winning photographer of architecture, landscapes, and interiors. His work has been featured in publications such as Architect, Architectural Record, Metropolis, Architectural Digest, Wallpaper, Icon, Azure, Surface, l'Architecture d'Aujourd'hui, A+U, and The New York Times, among others. James is the recipient of the 2010 and 2014 American Photographic Artists (APA) top prize for Architectural Photography. He has taught photography at CUNY Kingsborough Community College, Oakland Community College, and Indiana University School of Fine Arts. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
View MARC record | catkey: 37439819