Game programming using Qt : a complete guide to designing and building fun games with Qt and Qt Quick 2 using their associated toolsets : beginner's guide / Witold Wysota, Lorenz Haas
- Wysota, Witold
- Additional Titles:
- Game programming using Qt beginner's guide
- Birmingham, UK : Packt Publishing, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Haas, Lorenz
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Authors; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Introduction to Qt; The cross-platform programming; Qt Platform Abstraction; Supported platforms; A journey through time; New in Qt 5; Restructured codebase; Qt Essentials; Qt Add-ons; Qt Quick 2.0; Meta-objects; C++11 support; Choosing the right license; An open source license; A commercial license; Summary; Chapter 2: Installation; Installing the Qt SDK; Time for action -- installing Qt using an online installer; Setting up Qt Creator., Time for action -- loading an example projectTime for action -- running the Affine Transformations project; Building Qt from sources; Time for action -- setting up Qt sources using Git; Time for action -- configuring and building Qt; Summary; Chapter 3: Qt GUI Programming; Windows and dialogs; Creating a Qt project; Time for action -- creating a Qt Desktop project; Adding child widgets to a window; Managing widget content; Time for action -- implementing a tic-tac-toe game board; Qt meta-objects; Signals and slots; Time for action -- functionality of a tic-tac-toe board; Properties., Declaring a propertyUsing a property; Time for action -- adding properties to the board class; Designing GUIs; Time for action -- designing the game configuration dialog; Time for action -- polishing the dialog; Accelerators and label buddies; The tab order; Signals and slots; Using designer forms; Direct approach; The multiple-inheritance approach; The single inheritance approach; Time for action -- the logic of the dialog; An application's main window; The Qt resource system; Time for action -- the main window of the application; Time for action -- adding a pull-down menu., Time for action -- creating a toolbarTime for action -- filling in the central widget; Time for action -- putting it all together; Summary; Chapter 4: Qt Core Essentials; Text handling; Manipulating strings; Encoding and decoding text; Basic string operations; The string search and lookup; Dissecting strings; Converting between numbers and strings; Using arguments in strings; Regular expressions; Time for action -- a simple quiz game; Extracting information out of a string; Finding all pattern occurrences; Data storage; Files and devices; Traversing directories; Getting access to the basic file., DevicesTime for action -- implementing a device to encrypt data; Text streams; Data serialization; Binary streams; Time for action -- serialization of a custom structure; XML streams; Time for action -- implementing an XML parser for player data; JSON files; Time for action -- the player data JSON serializer; Time for action -- implementing a JSON parser; QSettings; Summary; Chapter 5: Graphics with Qt; Raster painting; Painter attributes; Widget painting; Time for action -- custom-painted widgets; Time for action -- transforming the viewport; Time for action -- drawing an oscillogram; Input events., and Time for action -- making oscillograms selectable.
- 9781782168881 (electronic bk.)
1782168885 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37440222