Negotiating the impossible : how to break deadlocks and resolve ugly conflicts (without money or muscle) / Deepak Malhotra
- Malhotra, Deepak, 1975-
- Oakland, CA : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume, x, 212 pages) : illustrations
- Language Note:
- Preface -- Introduction -- Power of framing -- The power of framing -- Leveraging the power of framing -- Logic of appropriateness -- Strategic ambiguity -- Limits of framing -- First-mover advantage -- Power of process -- The power of process -- Leveraging the power of process -- Preserve forward momentum -- Stay at the table -- Limits of process -- Changing the rules of engagement -- Power of empathy -- The power of empathy -- Leveraging the power of empathy -- Yielding -- Map out the negotiation space -- Partners, not opponents -- Compare the maps -- The path forward -- Notes -- Index -- Acknowledgments -- About the author.
- Using behind-the-scenes stories of fascinating real-life negotiations to illustrate key lessons, this book shows how to defuse even the most potentially explosive situations and to find success when things seem impossible. --
- 9781626566989 (electronic book)
1626566984 (electronic book)
9781626566996 (electronic book)
1626566992 (electronic book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37440352