Swift, developing iOS applications : unleash the power of Swift and discover the skills required to build incredible robust iOS applications : a course in three modules / authors, Andrew J. Wagner, Giordano Scalzo, Jon Hoffman
- Wagner, Andrew J. (Andrew Joseph), 1988-
- Birmingham, UK : Packt Publishing, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Scalzo, Giordano and Hoffman, Jon (Software engineer)
- Unleash the power of Swift and discover the skills required to build incredible robust iOS applications About This Book Write expressive, understandable, and maintainable Swift 2 code with this hands-on course Unveil the complex underpinnings of Swift to turn your app ideas into reality Specialize in developing real iOS apps, and 2D and 3D video games using Swift and Cocoapods Dive deep into protocol extensions, learn new error handling model and use featured Swift design patterns to write more efficient code Who This Book Is For This course would be for app developers who are new to developing for iOS or OSX and are trying to get grips with Swift for the first time. What You Will Learn From a solid understanding of the Swift 2 language Get to know the practical aspects of how a computer program actually works Understand the paradigms used by Apple's frameworks, so you are not intimidated by them Create a server in Swift to deliver JSON data to an iOS app Take advantage of Cocoapods to use third-party libraries Build games with SpriteKit and SceneKit Develop an app running on the cloud to act as an API server for your client's apps Dive into the core components of Swift 2 including operators, collections, control flow, and functions Create and use classes, structures, and enums including object-oriented topics such as inheritance, protocols, and extensions Develop a practical understanding of subscripts, optionals, and closures Master Objective-C interoperability with mix and match Access network resources using Swift Implement various standard design patterns in the Swift language In Detail The Swift??Developing iOS Applications course will take you on a journey to become an efficient iOS and OS X developer, with the latest trending topic in town. Right from the basics to the advanced level topics, this course would cover everything in detail. We'll embark our journey by dividing the learning path into four modules. Each of these modules are a mini course in their own right; and as you complete each one, you'll gain key skills and be ready for the material in the next module. The first module is like a step-by-step guide to programming in Swift 2. Each topic is separated into compressible sections that are full of practical examples and easy-to-understand explanations. Each section builds on the previous topics, so you can develop a proficient and comprehensive understanding of app development in Swift 2. By the end of this module, you'll hav...
- 9781787122666 (electronic bk.)
1787122662 (electronic bk.)
- Authors from front matter.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37441776