Unreal engine, game development from A to Z : develop fantastic games and solve common development problems with Unreal Engine 4 : a course in three modules
- Lee, Joanna
- Birmingham : Packt Publishing, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Doran, John P., 1988 or 1989- and Misra, Nitish
- Develop fantastic games and solve common development problems with Unreal Engine 4. About This Book Investigate the big world of Unreal Engine, computer graphics rendering and Material editor to implement in your games Construct a top-notch game by using the assets offered by Unreal Engine, thereby reducing the time to download, create assets on your own. Understand when and why to use different features and functionalities of Unreal Engine 4 to create your own games Learn to use Unreal 4 by making a first person puzzle game, Blockmania, for Android. Who This Book Is For This path is ideal for those who have a strong interest in game development and some development experience. An intermediate understanding of C++ is recommended. What You Will Learn Explore the Unreal Engine 4 editor controls and learn how to use the editor to create a room in a game level Get clued up about working with Slate, Unreal's UI solution through the UMG Editor Put together your own content and materials to build cutscenes and learn how to light scenes effectively Get tips and tricks on how to create environments using terrain for outdoor areas and a workflow for interiors as well using brushes Explore the ways to package your game for Android Devices and porting it to the Google Playstore Know inside out about creating materials, and applying them to assets for better performance Understand the differences between BSP and static meshes to make objects interactive In Detail Unreal Engine technology powers hundreds of games. This Learning Path will help you create great 2D and 3D games that are distributed across multiple platforms. The first module, Learning Unreal Engine Game Development, starts with small, simple game ideas and playable projects. It starts by showing you the basics in the context of an individual game level. Then, you'll learn how to add details such as actors, animation, effects, and so on to the game. This module aims to equip you with the confidence and skills to design and build your own games using Unreal Engine 4. By the end of this module, you will be able to put into practise your own content.After getting familiar with Unreal Engine's core concepts, it's time that you dive into the field of game development. In this second module, Unreal Engine Game Development Cookbook we show you how to solve development problems using Unreal Engine, which you can work through as you build your own unique project. Every recipe provides step-by-step instr...
- 9781787124790 (electronic bk.)
1787124797 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37441777