Digital communications / Mehmet Şafak
- Şafak, Mehmet, 1948-
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Signal analysis -- Antennas -- Channel modeling -- Receiver system noise -- Pulse modulation -- Baseband transmission -- Optimum receiver in AWGN channel -- Passband modulation techniques -- Error control coding -- Broadband transmission techniques -- Fading channels -- Diversity and combining techniques -- MIMO systems -- Cooperative communications.
- This is a modern textbook on digital communications and is designed for senior undergraduate and graduate students, whilst also providing a valuable reference for those working in the telecommunications industry. It provides a simple and thorough access to a wide range of topics through use of figures, tables, examples and problem sets. The author provides an integrated approach between RF engineering and statistical theory of communications. Intuitive explanations of the theoretical and practical aspects of telecommunications help the reader to acquire a deeper understanding of the topics. The book covers the fundamentals of antennas, channel modelling, receiver system noise, A/D conversion of signals, PCM, baseband transmission, optimum receiver, modulation techniques, error control coding, OFDM, fading channels, diversity and combining techniques, MIMO systems and cooperative communications. It will be an essential reference for all students and practitioners in the electrical engineering field.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley 2016.
View MARC record | catkey: 37443280