Learning social media analytics with R : transform data from social media platforms into actionable insights / Raghav Bali, Dipanjan Sarkar, Tushar Sharma
- Bali, Raghav
- Birmingham, UK : Packt Publishing, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 369 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Sarkar, Dipanjan and Sharma, Tushar
- Getting started with R and social media analytics -- Twitter - what's happening with 140 characters -- Analyzing social networks and brand engagements with Facebook -- Foursquare - are you checked in yet? -- Analyzing software collaboration trends I - social coding with GitHub -- Analyzing software collaboration trends II - answering your questions with StackExchange -- Believe what you see - Flickr data analysis -- News - the collective social media!
- Tap into the realm of social media and unleash the power of analytics for data-driven insights using R About This Book A practical guide written to help leverage the power of the R eco-system to extract, process, analyze, visualize and model social media data Learn about data access, retrieval, cleaning, and curation methods for data originating from various social media platforms. Visualize and analyze data from social media platforms to understand and model complex relationships using various concepts and techniques such as Sentiment Analysis, Topic Modeling, Text Summarization, Recommendation Systems, Social Network Analysis, Classification, and Clustering. Who This Book Is For It is targeted at IT professionals, Data Scientists, Analysts, Developers, Machine Learning Enthusiasts, social media marketers and anyone with a keen interest in data, analytics, and generating insights from social data. Some background experience in R would be helpful, but not necessary, since this book is written keeping in mind, that readers can have varying levels of expertise. What You Will Learn Learn how to tap into data from diverse social media platforms using the R ecosystem Use social media data to formulate and solve real-world problems Analyze user social networks and communities using concepts from graph theory and network analysis Learn to detect opinion and sentiment, extract themes, topics, and trends from unstructured noisy text data from diverse social media channels Understand the art of representing actionable insights with effective visualizations Analyze data from major social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Github, StackExchange, and so on Learn to leverage popular R packages such as ggplot2, topicmodels, caret, e1071, tm, wordcloud, twittR, Rfacebook, dplyr, reshape2, and many more In Detail The Internet has truly become humongous, especially with the rise of various forms of social media in the last decade, which give users a platform to express themselves and also communicate and collaborate with each other. This book will help the reader to understand the current social media landscape and to learn how analytics can be leveraged to derive insights from it. This data can be analyzed to gain valuable insights into the behavior and engagement of users, organizations, businesses, and brands. It will help readers frame business problems and solve them using social data. The book will also cover several practical r...
- 9781787125469 (electronic bk.)
1787125467 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37443764