Hollywood drive : what it takes to break in, hang in & make it in the entertainment industry / Eve Light Honthaner
- Honthaner, Eve Light, 1950-
- New York, NY ; Abingdon, Oxon [England] : Routledge, 2018.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume)
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Fade in On Reality -- 2. Good, the Bad and the Ugly -- 3. Preliminary Essentials -- 4. Key Ingredients to a Successful Career -- 5. Career Options -- 6. Some Other Interesting Choices -- 7. Making it On Your Own -- 8. Ever-Changing Landscape -- 9. Life Will Not Go According to Plan if You Have No Plan -- 10. Starting Out -- 11. Shameless Self-Promotion -- 12. Job Search Strategies -- 13. Resume and Cover Letter -- 14. Interviews and Meetings -- 15. No One Ever Said it Would Be Easy! -- 16. Networking and Schmooching -- 17. Getting Through the Next Door -- 18. Pitching and Selling -- 19. Reel Production -- 20. You're Not in Film School Anymore, Toto -- 21. Show Biz Survival Techniques -- 22. More Level Playing Field -- 23. Advice From the Experts -- 24. Reflections -- 25. Recipe for Success.
- "Hollywood Drive explores the realities of the industry: various career options, effective job search strategies, how to write an effective cover letter and resume, what to expect on your first job, the significance of networking and building solid industry relationships, how a project is sold, and how a production office and set operate. You'll learn how to define your goals and make a plan to achieve them, how to survive the tough times, how to deal with big egos and bad tempers, and how to put your passion to work for you. Although no book or class can totally prepare you for a career in the entertainment industry, Hollywood Drive offers insights, direction, and a sense of confidence."--Publisher's description
- "A Focal Press book"--Cover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37444280