Spring Security : secure your web applications, RESTful services, and microservice architectures / Mick Knutson, Robert Winch, Peter Mularien
- Knutson, Mick
- Birmingham, UK : Packt Publishing, 2017.
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Winch, Robert and Mularien, Peter
- Learn how to secure your Java applications from hackers using Spring Security 4.2 About This Book Architect solutions that leverage the full power of Spring Security while remaining loosely coupled. Implement various scenarios such as supporting existing user stores, user sign up, authentication, and supporting AJAX requests, Integrate with popular Microservice and Cloud services such as Zookeeper, Eureka, and Consul, along with advanced techniques, including OAuth, JSON Web Token's (JWS), Hashing, and encryption algorithms Who This Book Is For This book is intended for Java Web and/or RESTful webservice developers and assumes a basic understanding of creating Java 8, Java Web and/or RESTful webservice applications, XML, and the Spring Framework. You are not expected to have any previous experience with Spring Security. What You Will Learn Understand common security vulnerabilities and how to resolve them Learn to perform initial penetration testing to uncover common security vulnerabilities Implement authentication and authorization Learn to utilize existing corporate infrastructure such as LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos, CAS, OpenID, and OAuth Integrate with popular frameworks such as Spring, Spring-Boot, Spring-Data, JSF, Vaaden, jQuery, and AngularJS. Gain deep understanding of the security challenges with RESTful webservices and microservice architectures Integrate Spring with other security infrastructure components like LDAP, Apache Directory server and SAML In Detail Knowing that experienced hackers are itching to test your skills makes security one of the most difficult and high-pressured concerns of creating an application. The complexity of properly securing an application is compounded when you must also integrate this factor with existing code, new technologies, and other frameworks. Use this book to easily secure your Java application with the tried and trusted Spring Security framework, a powerful and highly customizable authentication and access-control framework. The book starts by integrating a variety of authentication mechanisms. It then demonstrates how to properly restrict access to your application. It also covers tips on integrating with some of the more popular web frameworks. An example of how Spring Security defends against session fixation, moves into concurrency control, and how you can utilize session management for administrative functions is also included. It concludes with advanced security scenarios for REST ...
- 9781787126466 (electronic bk.)
1787126463 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 37445305