Introduction to Docker and the DCA certification
- [Place of publication not identified] : Packt Publishing, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 streaming video file (4 hr., 35 min., 40 sec.))
- Additional Creators:
- Packt Publishing
- "Docker is a tool which has greatly simplified the task of packaging your application, along with all its dependencies into lightweight, portable units called containers. These containers are platform independent and can be executed on any host which runs a Linux kernel. Docker is one of the hottest tools in the market right now as a lot of teams have learned how to use it to break up their large, monolithic applications into smaller and more manageable units - often called microservices. This has allowed development teams to work on microservices independently and package it into a container once it is ready. Docker has also eased the pain of DevOps teams who often need to manage the deployment processes and environments - since containers can run independently of each other, they can simply focus on deploying containers rather than worrying about dependencies for each application. Container orchestration tools such as Docker Swarm and Kubernetes have made it very easy to deploy microservices to a cluster and scale them according to demand. For these reasons, Docker is a technology which you need to know if you're an app developer or DevOps engineer."--Resource description page
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Form of work:
- Title from resource description page (Safari, viewed July 19, 2018).
View MARC record | catkey: 37447186