The case management workbook : defining the role of physicians, nurses and case managers / by Cherilyn G. Murer, Michael A. Murer and Lyndean L. Brick
- Murer, Cherilyn G.
- Boca Raton, FL : Productivity Press, an imprint of Taylor and Francis, 2011.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (138 pages) : 46 illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Brick, Lyndean Lenhoff and Murer, Michael A.
- Of Stay ; Cajoling Can No Longer Be the Primary Methodology for Dealing with Physicians; The Largest Obstacle; Cultural Change; Social Issues; A Preference for the Intensive Care Unit; The Consulting Physician; The Attending Physician in the Role of Quarterback; How to Deal with a Difficult Physician; Other Obstacles; Obstacle: Physical Plant; Obstacle: Monitoring Equipment; Obstacle: We Wait and Wait for Approval; Obstacle: Staffing Shortage; Is the Postacute Venue Ready; Slow Down,, Between Comprehensive Inpatient; Rehab and Skilled Nursing; Outpatient Rehabilitation and Home Health; Outpatient Rehabilitation; Home Health; Hospice; ; Case Management at the Epicenter of an Integrated Health System; The Epicenter of an Integrated Health System; Models; The Hybrid Model of Case Management; Seamless Protocols; Discharge Triggers; Case Studies; Appropriate Movement of the Patient; ; Diagnosis-Related Group Review ; Overview; Major Diagnostic Category; Diagnosis Related Groups; With or Without MCC and CC; Projecting the DRG; The Sticky Note; Assigning a Different DRG; ; Meaningful Data ; Meaningful Data; Efficacy of Data; Electronic Medical Record; Benchmarks; ; Conclusion ; ; Examination Questions ; ; Class Exercises ; Exercise 1: Develop a Venue Inventory Worksheet; Exercise 2: Identify the., Parameters of Case Management in Your Organization; Exercise 3: Key Obstacles; Exercise 4: Opportunities for Effective Use of Post Acute Venues of Care; Exercise 5: Case Management in a Multivenue Setting; ; Appendix A ; Glossary; ; Appendix B: ; Acronyms and Abbreviations; ; Index., and chapter 1 Who Is Responsible for Case Management-- chapter 2 Financial Incentives -- chapter 3 The Watershed Years of the American Healthcare Delivery System -- chapter 4 Key Obstacles in Reducing Length of Stay -- chapter 5 Opportunities for E℗ћective Use of Post Acute Venues -- chapter 6 Post Acute Venues and Their Roles in the Continuum -- chapter 7 Case Management at the Epicenter of an Integrated Health System -- chapter 8 Diagnosis-Related Group Review -- chapter 9 Meaningful Data -- chapter 10 Conclusion -- chapter 11 Examination Questions -- chapter 12 Class Exercises.
- Case management has become one of the most effective means by which a continuum of care functions effectively and efficiently. A complete examination of the application of continuum of care, The Case Management Workbook: Defining the Role of Physicians, Nurses, and Case Managers defines the roles of the case management team and provides an overview of key post acute venues of care. It supplies an overview of the process, its structure, and the responsibility of each member of the team. The book discusses how managing the care of the patient in today's healthcare environment will take a concerted effort from the entire case management team?not just a handful of case managers.
- 9781439891193 (e-book ; PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37448173