Pro Power BI Architecture : Sharing, Security, and Deployment Options for Microsoft Power BI Solutions / Reza Rad
- Rad, Reza
- New York : Apress, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Introduction.-.-Part I: Getting Started -- 1. Power BI Components -- 2. Tools and Preparation.-.-Part II: Power BI Service -- 3. Power BI Service Content.-4. Gateway -- 5. Import Data or Schedule Refresh -- 6. DirectQuery -- 7. Live Connection.-8. Choosing the Right Connection Type.-.-Part III: Sharing and Security -- 9. Dashboard Sharing -- 10. Workspaces as a Collaborative Environment -- 11. Power BI Apps -- 12. Publish to Web -- 13. Embed in SharePoint Online -- 14. Power BI Embedded -- 15. Power BI Sharing Methods -- 16. Row Level Security -- 17. Dynamic Row Level Security.-.-Part IV: Administration and Licensing -- 18. Patterns for Dynamic Row Level Security -- 19. Row Level Security with Analysis Services Live Connection -- 20. Power BI Administrator Configuration -- 21. Usage Metrics.-.-Part V: Integration -- 22. Power BI Licensing Guide -- 23. Power BI Premium -- 24. PowerPoint Integration with Power BI -- 25. Power BI and Excel -- 26. Power BI Report Server.-.-Part VI: Architecture -- 27. SQL Server Reporting Services -- 28. Real-time Streaming with Power BI -- 29. Power BI REST API -- 30. Power BI Architecture Guidelines.
- Architect and deploy a Power BI solution. This book will help you understand the many available options and choose the best combination for hosting, developing, sharing, and deploying a Power BI solution within your organization. Pro Power BI Architecture provides detailed examples and explains the different methods available for sharing and securing Power BI content so that only intended recipients can see it. Commonly encountered problems you will learn to handle include content unexpectedly changing while users are in the process of creating reports and building analysis, methods of sharing analyses that don't cover all the requirements of your business or organization, and inconsistent security models. The knowledge provided in this book will allow you to choose an architecture and deployment model that suits the needs of your organization, ensuring that you do not spend your time maintaining your solution but on using it for its intended purpose and gaining business value from mining and analyzing your organization's data.
- 9781484240151 (electronic bk.)
1484240154 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37448185