Architecting and operating OpenShift clusters : OpenShift for infrastructure and operations teams / William Caban
- Caban, William
- [California] : Apress, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (295 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company
- 1. The OpenShift Architecture -- 2. High Availability -- 3. Networking -- 4. Storage -- 5. Load Balancers -- 6. Deployment Architectures -- 7. Administration -- 8. Architecting OpenShift Jenkins Pipelines -- 9. Day-2 Operations -- 10. Advanced Network Operations -- 11. OCP 4.1 UPI Mode Bare-Metal with PXE Book Deployment.
- Design and architect resilient OpenShift clusters and gain a keen understanding of how hundreds of projects are integrated into a powerful solution. While there are many OpenShift resources available for developers, this book focuses on the key elements of infrastructure and operations that teams need when looking to integrate and maintain this platform. You'll review important concepts, such as repeatable deployment techniques, advanced OpenShift RBAC capabilities, monitoring clusters, and integrating with external services. You'll also see how to run specialized workloads in OpenShift and how to deploy non-web based applications on the platform, all designed to help cultivate best practices as your organization continue evolve in microservices architectures. OpenShift has become the main enterprise Kubernetes distribution and its market penetration continues to growth at rapid rate. While OpenShift's documentation provides a great list of configuration options to work with the platform, it can be a daunting task to wade through. Architecting and Operating OpenShift Clusters breaks this content down into clear and useful concepts to provide you with a solid understanding of the OpenShift internal architecture. What You'll Learn Operate high availability in muti-tenant OCP clusters Understand OpenShift SDN models, capabilities, and storage classes Integrate OCP with existing data center capabilities and CI/CD pipelines Support advanced capabilities like: Istio, Multus, Kubernetes Operators, hybrid deployments Who This Book Is For Cloud architects, OpenShift cluster administrators, and teams supporting developers in OpenShift environments who have a basic understanding of this platform and microservices architectures.
- 9781484249857 (electronic book)
1484249852 (electronic book)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
View MARC record | catkey: 37451868