IPad all-in-one for dummies / by Nancy Muir
- Muir, Nancy, 1954-
- Additional Titles:
- IPad for dummies
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- 7th edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents at a Glance; Table of Contents; Introduction; About This Book; Foolish Assumptions; Icons Used in This Book; Beyond the Book; Where to Go from Here; Book I: Getting Started with iPad; Chapter 1: Buying Your iPad; Discovering What's New in iOS 8.0; Choosing the Right iPad for You; Deciding how much memory is enough; Determining whether you need Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi and 3G/4G; Knowing what you need to use your iPad; Getting Your Hands on an iPad; Considering iPad Accessories; Apple's stable of accessories; Checking out what others have to offer, Chapter 2: Getting Started with iPadExploring What's in the Box; Taking a First Look at the Gadget; Charging the Battery; Turning iPad On and Registering It; Meeting the Multi-Touch Screen; Connecting with the touchscreen; Goodbye, click-and-drag; hello, tap-and-swipe; Displaying and using the onscreen keyboard; Using the split keyboard; Flicking to search; Updating the Operating System; Understanding Multitasking Basics; Exploring Multitasking Gestures; Examining Your iPad Cameras; Customizing the Side Switch; Exploring the Status Bar; Using Control Center, Locking the iPad, Turning It Off, or Unlocking ItChapter 3: Making Your iPad More Accessible; Setting Brightness; Changing the Wallpaper; Setting Up VoiceOver; Using VoiceOver; Making Additional Vision Settings; Adjusting the Volume; Setting Up Subtitles and Captioning; Managing Other Hearing Settings; Turning On and Working with AssistiveTouch; Managing Home Click Speed; Focusing Learning with Guided Access; Chapter 4: Overview of Bundled Apps; Getting Online with iPad; Going on Safari; Getting Mail; Using iMessage to connect; Shooting and Organizing Photos; Examining the iPad cameras, Perusing your photosUsing Apps to Stay Organized; Tracking your schedule with Calendar; Keeping in touch with Contacts; Making Notes; Keeping yourself on track with Reminders; Staying on time with Clock; Going Places with Maps; Being Entertained by iPad; Playing around with Music; Watching Videos; Reading e-books; Listening to Podcasts; Going Shopping at iTunes and the App Store; Reading Periodicals with Newsstand; Playing with Game Center; Connecting with Friends on FaceTime; Exploring Fun Photo Effects with Photo Booth; Chapter 5: Setting Up iTunes to Sync and Buy Apps, and Connecting to the InternetSetting Up iTunes; Making Settings and Syncing; Making iPad settings using iTunes; Syncing iPad to your computer; Syncing wirelessly; Understanding iCloud; Getting an iCloud account; Making iCloud sync settings; Buying Apps or Downloading Apps; Searching the App Store; Getting apps from the App Store; Organizing your apps; Organizing apps in folders; Deleting apps you no longer need; Updating apps; Chapter 6: Browsing the Web; Exploring Safari; Navigating among web pages; Using tabbed browsing; Viewing browsing history; Searching the web; Adding and Using Bookmarks
- This guide provides step-by-step guidance for iPad and iPad mini users looking to make the most of this small wonder at home, at work, or on the go. Topics include: pick the iPad model that's right for you and discover cool bling you can add to.
- "Covers iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, & iPad mini 3"--Cover
"5 books in 1"--Cover
View MARC record | catkey: 37452695