Open source @ Microsoft : a new terminal, shipping a Linux kernel, and VS Code? : What's the catch? / Scott Hanselman, Kayla Cinnamon, Yosef Durr
- Hanselman, Scott
- Additional Titles:
- Open source at Microsoft
- [Place of publication not identified] : O'Reilly Media, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 streaming video file (45 min., 13 sec.))
- Additional Creators:
- Cinnamon, Kayla, Durr, Yosef, O'Reilly (Firm), and O'Reilly Open Source Software Conference (2019 : Portland, Or.), issuing body
- "Windows 10 is shipping a Linux kernel. You can run many flavors of Linux, side by side, on Windows with deep compatibility and deep integration with Windows. New open source projects like a GPU-accelerated Windows Terminal and the popular VS Code editor are being developed in the open with lots of community involvement. Scott Hanselman, Kayla Cinnamon, and Yosef Durr explain how and why open source is the new normal for Microsoft, showcase a ton of demos, and answer questions, including 'What's the catch?'"--Resource description page
- Title from title screen (viewed March 10, 2020).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presenters, Scott Hanselman, Kayla Cinnamon, Yosef Durr.
View MARC record | catkey: 37453458