Korn Shell [electronic resource] : Unix and Linux Programming Manual, Third Edition, The / Olczak, Anatole
- Olczak, Anatole
- Pearson Business, 2001.
- 3rd edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (480 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company
- If you are a Unix or Linux Shell programmer, this book will provide you with the practical advice and technical tips you will need in order to become proficient in all aspects of the Korn Shell and enhance your programming skills. From basic introductory concepts through to advanced programming techniques, you will learn how to: Customize your Unix and Linux environments Write and debug Korn Shell scripts Fine-tune Korn Shell scripts for faster execution Illustrated throughout with expansive sample programs and easy-to-apply examples, plus complete ready-to-run scripts, this book will prove an indispensable guide and technical reference for the Korn Shell. NEW! Chapter on pdksh, the public domain Korn Shell for Linux NEW! Appendices of Pdksh quick reference and Man Page NEW! CD containing pdksh source code and evaluation version of U/WIN commands. "This is the best Korn Shell book I've seen. I presently have at least five different books on Shell programming in Unix. I actually was able to read this book cover to cover AND am able to use this as a reference...I found this book to be very complete." John A. Siegel, Solution Engineer, Pershing, a Division of Donaldson Lufkin and Jenrette 0201675234B05022001.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Addison-Wesley Professional 2001
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 37454069