Multistability in Physical and Living Systems [electronic resource] : Characterization and Applications / by Alexander N. Pisarchik, Alexander E. Hramov
- Pisarchik, A. N. (Alexander N.)
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 408 pages 247 illustrations, 144 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hramov, Alexander E. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- What Is Multistability -- Emergence of Multistability -- Manifestation of Multistability in Diﬀerent Systems -- Multistability in Lasers -- Multistate Intermittency -- Multistability in Complex Networks -- Extreme Multistability -- Multistability in Perception -- Concluding Remarks.
- This book starts with an introduction to the basic concepts of multistability, then illustrates how multistability arises in different systems and explains the main mechanisms of multistability emergence. A special attention is given to noise which can convert a multistable deterministic system to a monostable stochastic one. Furthermore, the most important applications of multistability in different areas of science, engineering and technology are given attention throughout the book, including electronic circuits, lasers, secure communication, and human perception. The book aims to provide a first approach to multistability for readers, who are interested in understanding its fundamental concepts and applications in several fields. This book will be useful not only to researchers and engineers focusing on interdisciplinary studies, but also to graduate students and technicians. Both theoreticians and experimentalists will rely on it, in fields ranging from mathematics and laser physics to neuroscience and astronomy. The book is intended to fill a gap in the literature, to stimulate new discussions and bring some fundamental issues to a deeper level of understanding of the mechanisms underlying self-organization of matter and world complexity.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 37461973