Innovative Approaches for Sustainable Development [electronic resource] : Theories and Practices in Agriculture / edited by Syed Sheraz Mahdi, Rajbir Singh
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 368 pages 1 illustration : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mahdi, Syed Sheraz, Singh, Rajbir, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter1. The Economics of Climate Change in Agriculture -- Chapter2. Indigenous Technical Knowledge Under a Changing Climate -- Chapter3. Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Mitigation Options: An Approach Towards Climate Smart Agriculture -- Chapter4. New Paradigm for Higher Crop Productivity Through Climate Smart Strategies -- Chapter5. Bio-fertilizers a Future Prospect Towards Sustainable Agricultural Development -- Chapter6. On-Farm Water Harvesting: Promising Intervention Towards Crop Diversification and Doubling Farmers Income in Drought Prone Central Province of India -- Chapter7. Non-thermal Processing of Food: An Alternative for Traditional Food Processing -- Chapter8. Enhancement of Shelf Life of Food Using Active Packaging Technologies -- Chapter9. Nutrient Adequacy, Dietary Diversification, Food Processing Practices to Ensure Household Food Security among Rural Women -- Chapter10. Sustainability Science Perspective in Integrated and Sustainable Agriculture Development: Case Study of Indonesia -- Chapter11. Horticulture: A Key for Sustainable Development -- Chapter12. Nanotechnology for Sustainable Horticulture Development: Opportunities and Challenges -- Chapter13. Sustainable Resource Utilization in Aquaculture: Issues and Practices -- Chapter14. Cotton Leaf Curl Virus Disease Status in Bt Cotton Hybrids in Punjab, India -- Chapter15. Management of Plant Diseases Through Application of Biocontrol Agents in Climate Smart Agriculture- Review -- Chapter16. Role of Modern Agro-Ecosystems in the Origin of New Plant Pathogens -- Chapter17. Microbial Stewardship- The Integral Component of Sustainable Development -- Chapter18. Clubmosses (Huperzia Bernh.) of North East India: Genetic Resources, Utilization and Sustainability.-Chapter19. Impact of Climate Change on Soil Carbon-Improving Farming Practices Reduces the Carbon Footprint -- Chapter20. Impacts of Plastic Leachate on Life Traits of Micro-Crustacean Across Two Generations -- Chapter21. Climate Smart Agriculture and Water Management: Issues and Challenges -- Chapter22. Decoding the Enigma of Drought Stress Tolerance Mechanisms in Plants and its Application in Crop Improvement .
- This book provides recent understanding about the sustainable development in agriculture. It includes information regarding new approaches for sustainable development in agriculture, horticulture and fisheries. It examines the effect of climate change and provides information on climate smart practices. In addition, some important aspects like quality seed production, role of bioinoculants, on-farm water harvesting, non-thermal processing of food, importance of water use in organic agriculture have also been discussed. It also presents in detail plant disease aspect and their management strategies. This book aims to provide an overall understanding of all aspects related to the study of environment resources, its protection for sustainable development. To meet the growing food demand of the over nine billion people who will exist by 2050 and the expected dietary changes, agriculture will need to produce 60 percent more food globally in the same period. The goal of sustainable agriculture is to meet society's food and textile needs in the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Practitioners of sustainable agriculture seek to integrate three main objectives into their work: a healthy environment, economic profitability, and social and economic equity. Every person involved in the food system growers, food processors, distributors, retailers, consumers, and waste managers can play a role in ensuring a sustainable agricultural system.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 37462483