Wireshark Fundamentals [electronic resource] : A Network Engineer's Handbook to Analyzing Network Traffic / by Vinit Jain
- Jain, Vinit
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 257 p. 133 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Ch1:Introduction to Wireshark -- Ch 2: Getting Familiar with Wireshark -- Ch 3: Analyzing Layer-2 and Layer-3 Traffic -- Ch 4: Analyzing Layer-4 Traffic -- Ch 5: Analyzing Routing Protocol Traffic.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Wireshark tool that is key for network engineers and network security analysts. This book explains how the Wireshark tool can be used to analyze network traffic and teaches you network protocols and features. Author Vinit Jain walks you through the use of Wireshark to analyze network traffic by expanding each section of a header and examining its value. Performing packet capture and analyzing network traffic can be a complex, time-consuming, and tedious task. With the help of this book, you will use the Wireshark tool to its full potential. You will be able to build a strong foundation and know how Layer 2, 3, and 4 traffic behave, how various routing protocols and the Overlay Protocol function, and you will become familiar with their packet structure. Troubleshooting engineers will learn how to analyze traffic and identify issues in the network related to packet loss, bursty traffic, voice quality issues, etc. The book will help you understand the challenges faced in any network environment and how packet capture tools can be used to identify and isolate those issues. This hands-on guide teaches you how to perform various lab tasks. By the end of the book, you will have in-depth knowledge of the Wireshark tool and its features, including filtering and traffic analysis through graphs. You will know how to analyze traffic, find patterns of offending traffic, and secure your network. What You Will Learn Understand the architecture of Wireshark on different operating systems Analyze Layer 2 and 3 traffic frames Analyze routing protocol traffic Troubleshoot using Wireshark Graphs.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 37462900