Ocean Wave Energy Systems [electronic resource] : Hydrodynamics, Power Takeoff and Control Systems / edited by Abdus Samad, S.A Sannasiraj, V Sundar, Paresh Halder
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 578 p. 408 illus., 262 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Samad, Abdus, Sannasiraj, S.A., Sundar, V., Halder, Paresh, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Wave Energy Potential -- Wave Energy Convertors -- Direct Absorber for Wave Energy Conversion -- Development of Oscillating Water Column and Wave Overtopping - Wave Energy Converters in Europe Over the Year -- Performance Characteristics of An OWC In Regular and Random Waves -- Wave Induced Pressures and Forces on An OWC -- Hydrodynamic Performance Characteristics Of U-OWC Devices -- CFD Modelling of OWC Devices for Wave Energy Harnessing -- Numerical Modelling Techniques for Wave Energy Converters in Arrays -- Hydrodynamic Performance of An Array of OWC Devices Integrated with Breakwater -- Power Take-off Devices for Wave Energy Converters -- Wells Turbine as A Power Take Off Mechanism for Wave Energy Converters -- Experimental Testing of Air Turbines for Wave Energy Conversion -- Passive Flow Control of Wave Energy Conversion Devices -- Optimization of An Impulse Turbine for Efficient -- Control of Wave Energy Converters -- Recent Advances in Direct-Drive Power Take-Off (DDPTO) Systems for Wave Energy Converters Based on Switched Reluctance Machines -- Grid Integration of Wave Energy Devices.
- This book offers a timely review of wave energy and its conversion mechanisms. Written having in mind current needs of advanced undergraduates engineering students, it covers the whole process of energy generation, from waves to electricity, in a systematic and comprehensive manner. Upon a general introduction to the field of wave energy, it presents analytical calculation methods for estimating wave energy potential in any given location. Further, it covers power-take off (PTOs), describing their mechanical and electrical aspects in detail, and control systems and algorithms. The book includes chapters written by active researchers with vast experience in their respective filed of specialization. It combines basic aspects with cutting-edge research and methods, and selected case studies. The book offers systematic and practice-oriented knowledge to students, researchers, and professionals in the wave energy sector. Chapters 17 of this book is available open access under a CC BY 4.0 license at link.springer.com.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 37464595