Research Progress on Forage Production, Processing and Utilization in China [electronic resource] / edited by Fuyu Yang, Xusheng Guo, Kuikui Ni.
- Singapore : Springer Nature Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 304 p. 123 illus., 95 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Yang, Fuyu, Guo, Xusheng, Ni, Kuikui, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Section 1 The development status of the forage industry in China -- Chapter 1 The development status of forage seed industry in China -- Chapter 2 The development status of forage planting industry in China -- Chapter 3 The development status and prospect of the forage processing technology in China -- Chapter 4 The development status of forage utilization industry in China -- Section 2 The research status of the forage industry in China -- Chapter 5 The research status of novel forage species -- Chapter 6 The research status of soil cultivation -- Chapter 7 The research status of seed and sowing in China -- Chapter 8 The research status of water and fertilizer management -- Chapter 9 The research status of pest control -- Chapter 10 Research progress of forage harvest -- Chapter 11 The research status of silage processing -- Chapter 12 The research status of green hay processing -- Chapter 13 The research status of TMR processing -- Chapter 14 The research status of straw processing -- Chapter 15 The research status of leaf protein processing -- Chapter 16 The research status of agricultural by-products processing -- Chapter 17 The research status of silage utilization -- Chapter 18 The research status of green hay utilization -- Chapter 19 The research status of the application of total mixed ration (TMR) in ruminant production -- Chapter 20 The research status of the straw utilization -- Chapter 21 The research status of the utilization of the leaf protein and its by-products -- Section 3 The Laws and policies on forage in China -- Chapter 22 The laws on forage in China -- Chapter 23 The policies on forage in China.
- This book has 11 chapters which systematically introduce the latest achievements in scientific research and technological application of the forage industry in China, and also cover the laws and polices related to forage production. The main focus of this monograph is the progress of forage science in China. Each chapter in this book contains numerous charts and diagrams further illustrating the impact of development activities in the area. It is the first book in its field and compiled by mobilizing all the research forces in the field of forage grass and under the leadership of China Agricultural University, Lanzhou University, and Sichuan Academy of Grassland Sciences with the support of other related universities and research institutes. China is the largest forage consumption country in the world. Every year, more than 2 billion herbivorous livestock need more than 350 million tons of forage but the supply each year is only 250 million tons. With the policy and financial support of the Central Government, the forage industry in China has been developed rapidly, great progress has been made in the science and technology in forage production, processing, and utilization, and its influence has been increased in the world.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 37464909