Geometry, Lie Theory and Applications [electronic resource] : The Abel Symposium 2019 / edited by Sigbjørn Hervik, Boris Kruglikov, Irina Markina, Dennis The
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 330 p. 24 illus., 21 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hervik, Sigbjørn, Kruglikov, Boris, Markina, Irina, The, Dennis, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Four-dimensional homogeneous generalizations of Einstein Metrics -- Conformal and isometric embeddings of gravitational instantons -- Recent results on closed G2-structures, by Anna Fino and Alberto Raffero -- Almost Zoll affine surfaces -- Distinguished curves and fist integrals on Poincare-Einstein and other conformally singular geometries -- A car as parabolic geometry -- Legendrian cone structures and contact prolongations -- The search for solitons on homogeneous spaces -- On Ricci negative Lie groups -- Semi-Riemannian cones -- Building new Einstein spaces by deforming symmetric Einstein spaces -- Remarks on highly supersymmetric backgrounds of 11-dimensional supergravity -- Krichever-Novikov type algebras.
- This book consists of contributions from the participants of the Abel Symposium 2019 held in Ålesund, Norway. It was centered about applications of the ideas of symmetry and invariance, including equivalence and deformation theory of geometric structures, classification of differential invariants and invariant differential operators, integrability analysis of equations of mathematical physics, progress in parabolic geometry and mathematical aspects of general relativity. The chapters are written by leading international researchers, and consist of both survey and research articles. The book gives the reader an insight into the current research in differential geometry and Lie theory, as well as applications of these topics, in particular to general relativity and string theory.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 37465031