Jewish Life in America, c1654-1954 : sources from the American Jewish Historical Society, New York. Jefferson Monroe Levy collection, 1901-1985 1901-1939
- Additional Titles:
- Jefferson Monroe Levy collection
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- online resource
- Additional Creators:
- American Jewish Historical Society and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Contains clippings, letters, certificates and photographs relating to the activities of Levy in private life and as a Representative of the state of N.Y. to the U.S. Congress with special emphasis on fiscal and labor legislation; the suffering of the Jews in Russia and Romania and the attempts for the amelioration of their condition; and the controversy over the purchase of Thomas Jefferson's home at Monticello owned by Levy. The latter constitutes the greater part of the collection. Includes also correspondence of Amelia Mayhoff, 1901-1939, sister of Levy, and documents relating to the military career of Monroe Mayhoff, 1910-1930.
- Audience Notes:
- Location of Originals:
- American Jewish Historical Society, New York, New York City
View MARC record | catkey: 37474370