The guided reading classroom : how to keep all students working constructively / Nancy L. Witherell
- Witherell, Nancy L.
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 175 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Why guided reading fits into a comprehensive language arts program -- Organizing group and independent activity time -- Minilessons : preparing for independent success -- How to structure independent activities throughout the reading lesson -- Prereading independent activities -- During reading independent and collaborative activities to improve comprehension -- Postreading independent and collaborative activities as follow-up -- Ensuring success of long-term projects : guidelines and troubleshooting -- Ideas for independent long-term projects -- Minilessons for center preparation -- Using centers effectively and with accountability -- More ideas for stationary, portable, and mobile centers -- How it works -- Putting it all together.
- 9780325009247 (alk. paper)
0325009244 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-172) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3750802