A new drawing book of modes / by Mons. B. Picart
- Picart, Bernard, 1673-1733
- Additional Titles:
- Drawing book of modes
- London : Printed for Richard Ware at the Bible & Sun in Amen-Corner, Warwick-Lane, [1733?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 unnumbered page, 2-13 leaves of plates : all illustrations ; 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bickham, George, 1706?-1771
Bickham, George, 1684?-1758?
Cole, B. (Benjamin)
Ware, Richard (Bookseller)
- Plates 2, 5, and 6 signed by G. Bickham jun.
Plate 9 signed by G. Bickham (the Elder).
Plates 8, 10, and 11 signed by B. Cole.
Plate 5 dated 1732; plate 9 dated 1733.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Dorothy Foehr Huck Library Acquisition Endowment; 20067.
- Binding notes:
- Bound with: A discourse on the use of the pen / William Leekey. London : Printed for R. Ware, [between 1774 and 1777?].
Z43.L434 1774 c.1 (Book) bound in A discourse on the use of the pen : containing observations on writing in general : the proper posture in sitting to write, rules for choosing quills, and making of pens for different hands (proving that the common methods of sitting to write, and nibbing the pen, obstruct the freedom of writing) : with whatever else may tend to perfection in that art : necessary not only for teachers of writing, but for all persons concerned in business : to which are added, two alphabetical sets of copies suited to a quarto writing-book, on the rule of life, and moral definitions / by William Leekey, writing-master
View MARC record | catkey: 3751761