Unchecked and unbalanced : presidential power in a time of terror / Frederick A.O. Schwarz, Jr. & Aziz Z. Huq
- Schwarz, Frederick A. O. (Frederick August Otto), 1935-
- New York : New Press : Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 276 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Huq, Aziz Z. and Brennan Center for Justice
- Introduction -- Flawed mandates : early years of the FBI and CIA -- Revelations of the Church Committee -- Reform and resistance : consequences of the Church Committee -- Our torture policy -- "Extraordinary rendition" and the wages of hypocricy -- Bringing war back home -- Kings and presidents -- The king's counsel -- Conclusion : a republic, if you can keep it.
- 1595581170 (hc.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -262) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20067.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 3754871