Genuine edition of Shakspeare [electronic resource] : Lemuel Blake, Boston, proposes to print by subscription, The plays of William Shakspeare. In twenty one volumes. : With the corrections and illustrations of various commentators. : To which are added, notes, by Samuel Johnson and George Steevens. : From the fifth London edition. Revised and augmented by Isaac Reed. With a glossarial index. : [Two lines from Dr. Johnson's preface].
- Blake, Lemuel, 1775-1861
- [Boston] : [Printed by Lemuel Blake], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 24 cm
- Related Titles:
- Genuine edition of Shakespeare. Lemuel Blake, Boston, proposes to print by subscription ...
- The American Antiquarian Society copy is annotated: Blake issued these proposals in October 1807 (see "Monthly anthology" Oct. 1807, p. 572), but since Munroe & Francis of Boston were publishing their 9 volume edition in 1807, apparently there was not sufficient support for Blake's 21 vol. edition and it was never published. C.S.B. [i.e., Clarence S. Brigham]
"Conditions" and list of booksellers receiving subscriptions, p. 8.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 12166).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 12166
View MARC record | catkey: 3758980