A narrative of the suppression by Col. Burr, of The history of the administration of John Adams [electronic resource] : late president of the United States, written by John Wood, author of The history of Switzerland and of the Swiss revolution. : To which is added, a biography of Thomas Jefferson, president of the United States, and of General Hamilton: : With strictures on the conduct of John Adams, and on the character of General C.C. Pinckney. Extracted verbatim from the suppressed History. / By a citizen of New-York
- Cheetham, James, 1772-1810
- New-York : Printed by Denniston and Cheetham, no. 142, Pearl-Street, 1802.
- Second edition, revised and corrected.
- Physical Description:
- 72 pages ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wood, John, 1775?-1822. Selections
- Attributed to James Cheetham in Gaines, P.W. Political works of concealed authorship, 1972, p. 125., Two editions, not distinguished by the printer or in Shaw & Shoemaker, noted, with the type reset in gatherings B, D, E, and F. This edition, presumably the earlier, includes errors on p. 9 ("whatever bear relation" in the fifth line from the bottom) and p. 29 ("surpression" in the third line), the note at the foot of p. 45 is set in the same type as the text, and the second sentence of the second paragraph on p. 11 reads: Versed in the art of hocus-pocus, while sitting in his state room waiting the entrance of his political tools into the anti-chamber, his mandates fly through the union and extend to its extremities., Edition statement transposed; precedes "By a citizen of New-York" on title page., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 2022).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 2022
View MARC record | catkey: 3759979