The children in the woods [electronic resource] : Being, a true relation of the inhuman murder of two children of a deceased gentleman in Norfolk ... : To a very mournful tune
- Uniform Title:
- Children in the wood (Ballad)
- [Hartford] : Sold at the printing-office in Hartford, [between 1764 and 1810]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page
- Verse in thirty-eight stanzas; first line: Now ponder well, you parents dear.
Followed by eight additional lines entitled: A Word of advice to executors.
Text printed in three columns.
Shaw & Shoemaker date this [181-?], but typography and use of the long "s" throughout suggest an earlier printing date. The phrase "Sold at the printing-office in Hartford" appears on several imprints dated between 1764 and 1799.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 19766).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 19766
View MARC record | catkey: 3760039