Cramer's Pittsburgh magazine almanack for the year of our Lord 1809 [electronic resource] : ... Calculated for the meridian of Pittsburgh, in lat. 40° 35' N. long. 80° 38' W. but will serve without any sensible variation for the states of Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, &c.
- Pittsburgh : Published and sold by Zadok Cramer at his bookstore (Franklin's Head) Market between Front and Second Streets--where German almanacks may also be had, by the gross, dozen or single. From the press of Cramer and Spear, 
- Physical Description:
- 60 pages ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Taylor, John, 1754-1838
- Related Titles:
- Pittsburgh magazine almanack, for 1809
- At head of title: No. VI., Cover title: The Pittsburgh magazine almanack, for 1809., While John Taylor was last named as the calculator of this series of almanacs with the 1805 issue (entitled The Pittsburgh magazine almanack), and again named as calculator beginning with the issue for 1812, the intervening issues are presumably his work as well. In all of them the weather predictions are composed in his distinctive flowing style. In most of their calendars, as in most of Taylor's, April draws to an end in warm rain accompanied by "distant thunder" and a seasonal calling of nature into life. These issues also contain a feature found only in Taylor's work, i.e., the November calendar pages predict dates for both the beginning and end of Indian summer., Title vignette., In blue-gray paper wrapper containing publisher's advertisements., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 14798).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 14798 and Drake, M. Almanacs, 10807
View MARC record | catkey: 3760701