Letter from George W.P. Custis, addressed to the speaker [electronic resource] : enclosing sundry resolutions agreed to by the inhabitants of Alexandria County, relative to the recession of the jurisdiction of that part of the territory of Columbia, which was ceded to the United States by the state of Virginia. : 11th December, 1804. Referred to the committee of the whole House, to whom was committed on the 29th ultimo, a motion relative to the expediency of receding to the state of Virginia, the jurisdiction of that part of the territory of Columbia, which was ceded to the United States by the said state of Virginia, by an act passed the third day of December, 1789, intituled "An act for the cession of ten miles square, or any lesser quantity of territory within this state, to the United States, in Congress assembled, for the permanent seat of the general government."
- [Washington, D.C.] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Custis, George Washington Parke, 1781-1857 and United States. Congress (8th, 2nd session : 1804-1805) House
- Virginia. Act for the cession of ten miles square, or any lesser quantity of territory within this state, to the United States, in Congress assembled, for the permanent seat of the general government
- Alexandria County (Va.)—History
- Alexandria County (Va.)—Politics and government
- Washington (D.C.)—History
- United States—Capital and capitol
- Letter of transmittal, p. , signed: George W.P. Custis.
Four numbered resolutions adopted by "a numerous and respectable meeting of the inhabitants of the county of Alexandria, convened ... on the eighth instant," p. -6, signed: George Washingon P. Custis.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 7514).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 7514
View MARC record | catkey: 3760810