The elements of logic [electronic resource] : in four books : designed particularly for young gentlemen of the university, and to prepare the way to the study of philosophy and the mathematics / by William Duncan
- Duncan, William, 1717-1760
- Albany : Printed for Whiting, Backus & Whiting ; Utica [N.Y.] : Sold by them and Writing, Goodrich & Co., 1804.
- Physical Description:
- 278 pages ; 16 cm
- I. Of the original of our ideas, their various divisions, and the manner in which they contribute to the increase of knowledge : with a philosophical account of the rise, progress and nature of human language -- II. Of the grounds of human judgment, the doctrine of propositions, their use in reasoning, and division into self-evident and demonstrable -- III. Of reasoning and demonstration, with their application to the investigation of knowledge, and the common affairs of life -- IV. Of the methods of invention and science, where the several degrees of evidence are examined, the notion of certainty is fixed and stated, and the parts of knowledge in which it may be attained, demonstrated at large.
- This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 6200).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 6200
View MARC record | catkey: 3761514