The universal spelling book; or, A new and easy guide to the English language [electronic resource] : Containing: I. Tables of words in one, two, three, and four syllables; with natural and easy lessons in each, adapted to the capacity of children from three years old and upwards, ... II. A very easy and rational guide to English grammar, by way of question and answer, for the use of schools and private persons. III. A collection of near 5000 of the most useful words of two, three, and four syllables ... IV. Many useful things necessary to help the young beginner and inform the more grown up youth ... V. Chronological tables of the most memorable occurrences in sacred and prophane history ... / By Daniel Fenning. Author of The use of the globes, Practical arithmetic, Guide to algebra, Royal English dictionary, Young man's book of knowledge, &c.
- Fenning, Daniel
- Baltimore : Printed and sold by Warner & Hanna, 1810.
- (Warner & Hanna's 5th edition.).
- Physical Description:
- viii, 3 unnumbered pages, 12-168 pages : illustrations, portrait ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Dell, Henry, active 1756-1766
- Wood-engraved frontispiece is a portrait of Daniel Fenning. Edition statement at head of frontispiece., Error in paging: p. 167 misnumbered 761., Preface, p. [v]-viii, signed: D. Fenning. Royal Exchange Assurance-Office, London, May 3, 1767., "To Mr. Fenning, on his Universal spelling-book."--poem by Henry Dell, p. [ix]., Recommendations, p. [x]., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 20107).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 20107
View MARC record | catkey: 3762240