The entertaining history of Tommy Gingerbread [electronic resource] ; a little boy who lived upon learning. : Ornamented with cuts
- Uniform Title:
- Giles Gingerbread
- Litchfield [Conn.] : Printed by Hosmer & Goodwin, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages, 2 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 11 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Newbery, John, 1713-1767
- Children's stories
- Conduct of life—Juvenile fiction
- Boys—Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons—Juvenile fiction
- Poor—Juvenile fiction
- Social classes—Juvenile fiction
- Boys—Employment—Juvenile fiction
- Household employees—Juvenile fiction
- Honesty—Juvenile fiction
- Literacy—Juvenile fiction
- Alphabet—Juvenile fiction
- Charity—Juvenile fiction
- Most editions have the name Giles Gingerbread in the title.
Sometimes attributed to John Newbery, who was the first to publish it and other stories especially intended for children. Cf. Dict. of national biog.
Last page blank; pasted to wrapper.
Advertisement for "useful and entertaining publications for young minds, printed and for sale by Hosmer & Goodwin," p. .
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 50847).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 50847
View MARC record | catkey: 3762932