A child's memorial, or, New token for children [electronic resource] : Exhibiting the early piety and happy death of Miss Dinah Doudney, of Portsea, delivered to a congregation of children, in the Orange Street Chapel, on New Year's Day, 1805. : To which is added, an account of Miss Sarah Barrow, who was burnt to death, April the 4th, l805. / By John Griffin. ; With other lives, additions, and corrections
- Griffin, John, 1769-1834
- Uniform Title:
- Child's memorial
- Utica, (N.Y.) : Printed by Seward and Williams, 1810.
- Fourth American edition.
- Physical Description:
- 79 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 14 cm
- Doudney, Dinah, 1789 or 1790-1799
- Barrow, Sarah, 1796 or 1797-1805
- Curtis, Job, 1729-1736
- Holt, Dorcas, 1725 or 1726-1736
- Parmelee, Abraham, 1791-1808
- Children—Conduct of life
- Children—Religious life
- Children—Death—Religious aspects
- Children's accidents—Juvenile literature
- Fires—Casualties—Juvenile literature
- Edition statement transposed; precedes "With other lives ..." on title page.
Massachusetts district copyright July 17, 1809 by Rev. Daniel Oliver.
Last page blank.
"An account of Miss Sarah Barrow, of Gosport, who was by accident, burnt to death. April 4th, 1805, aged eight years. Delivered to a congregation of children in Orange-Street Chapel, on the following Good-Friday."--p. 45-52.
"Some remarkable passages concerning a child, in Boston, New England, aged 7 years and 2 months."--p. 52-60.
"An account of Job Curtis."--p. 60-63.
"Life of Dorcas Holt."--p. 63-69.
"Life of Abraham Parmale."--p. -76.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 20260).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 20260
Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 475.3
View MARC record | catkey: 3763241