Isaiah Thomas, Junior's town & country almanack, or Complete farmer's calendar, for the year of our Lord 1811 ... [electronic resource] : Fitted to the latitude and longitude of the town of Boston, but will serve without essential variation for the adjacent states. ...
- [Worcester, Mass.] : Printed at Worcester, Massachusetts, by Isaiah Thomas, Jun. Sold wholesale and retail at his respective bookstores in Boston and Worcester; also by Thomas & Andrews, Boston; by Thomas & Whipple, Newburyport; and by many other booksellers in the Newengland states. Price 9 dollars per gross--87 1/2 cents per dozen--12 1/2 cents single, 
- Physical Description:
- 48 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Houghton, Asa, 1775-1829
- Related Titles:
- Town and country almanack ... for the year of our Lord 1811 ...
- Two states of gathering G noted. In the first, on p.  the weight of the half-eagle is given as 15 grams, that of the quarter-eagle as 17 1/2 grams, and the value of the latter (erroneously) as 20 dollars. In the second, the half-eagle is corrected to 13 grams, and the quarter eagle to 16 1/2 grams and $2.50.
In the calendar pages of Thomas' 1811 almanac, the calculations for the ephemeris, high water, and the rising, setting, and southing of the moon and of the "7 stars" (the Pleiades), are identical with those in the same columns of Houghton's genuine almanac for 1811, "astronomical part by Asa Houghton" (Shaw & Shoemaker 20390). The remainder of the calculations vary slightly. The eclipse predictions at the beginning of each almanac appear to be by the same hand.
The almanac is possibly the joint work of Asa Houghton and Gilbert Graves. See notes on the bibliographic record for the 1807 issue of Thomas's almanac (Shaw & Shoemaker 10621).
Preceding issues from 1804 were entitled: Isaiah Thomas, Junior's Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhodeisland, New-Hampshire & Vermont almanack.
Advertised in the Massachusetts spy, Worcester, Oct. 24, 1810.
Advertisement for Isaiah Thomas, Jr.'s bookstores in Boston and Worcester, p. .
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 20441).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 20441
Drake, M. Almanacs, 3727
View MARC record | catkey: 3764232